Upper Explorerland Regional Planning Commission is accepting applications for the position of community planner. This is a full-time
position that will be responsible for providing planning, economic development and community development administration and
technical assistance to UERPC and its individual member cities and counties. Assures compliance with local, state and federal
codes and standards.
This position will be located in the Decorah office but will cover the full region of Howard, Allamakee, Clayton, Fayette and Winneshiek
- Community Planning, including: Long range comprehensive plans, strategic or feasibility plans, capital improvement plans, riverfront,
downtown or other significant district master plans, community marketing plans, community wellness plans, hazard mitigation
plans, housing needs assessments, and park, recreation and open space plans.
- Transportation Planning assistance, including: Long range transportation plans (LRTP), Transportation Improvement Plans (TIP),
Passenger Transportation Plans (PTP), Transportation Planning Work Programs (TPWP), Public Participation Plan (PPP), Limited
English Proficiency (LEP) plans, etc.
- Grant administration, including Community Development Block Grants
- Geographic Information System (GIS) mapping and data collection for various programs
- Complete city code and ordinance updates
- For particular projects and developments, presents plan aspects to citizens and governmental officials at the local, State
and Federal levels
- Attends and participates in meetings of various city councils, county boards of supervisors, ad hoc committees and planning
and zoning commissions
- Conducts research and recommends policy as needed and required
- Research federal and state mandates, funding opportunities, and other technical assistance as needed and as requested by member
governments, individuals and businesses about availability of programs and services
- Knowledge of planning practices and techniques, including pertinent laws, regulations and legislation
- Assist with technical services or in the procurement/purchase of any indirect costs
- Periodically attend training sessions to improve effectiveness as a staff member of UERPC
- All other job duties as assigned by the executive director/economic development department head
To view full position description, click here.
- Bachelor’s degree in business management, planning, public administration, or economic development related field
- Prefer one year of experience in municipal or regional planning or closely related field; or an equivalent combination of education,
training and experience that provides the knowledge, skills and abilities necessary to perform the essential functions
of the position
- Requires strong communication skills such as writing and public speaking experience; basic statistical knowledge (for data
- Knowledge of Geographic Information System (GIS) mapping
- Basic knowledge of other computer operations, including technical knowledge of operating system, word processing, electronic
spreadsheets, databases, and other software applications as necessary
To Apply: Position is open until filled. Interested applicants should submit electronically a cover
letter, resume, and contact information with three references to UERPC firstname.lastname@example.org.
Director of Economic Development
Louisa Development Group & the ISU Extension & Outreach Office in Louisa County are taking applications for a director
of economic development. Applicants to this position will be expected to develop programming and provide assistance to
the communities, residents, businesses and industries in Louisa County to increase economic vitality; enhance and increase
tourism and assist to attract residents to the area. Administrative duties of an executive are also a part of the job.
The successful applicant will have a BA/BS in economic development, community development or related field or three years of
experience. Masters in ED/CD or related field preferred. Creative, innovative, self-starters interested in helping a region
rich in diversity, history and natural resources to expand to its full potential are encouraged to apply.
Pay scale based on experience; IPERS & benefits included. Application instructions at: www.extension.iastate.edu/louisa or by email: email@example.com
LDG & ISUEO are AA/EEOE. Applications accepted thru November 13, 2017.